You are an experienced QA Lead seeking to join a talented technical team that delivers best-in-class retail commerce software. You thrive on the fast pace and demanding throughput requirements of delivering a mission critical, multi-tenanted, web-based software as a service (SaaS) application suite and API platform. You are comfortable engaging directly with the engineering and product teams to ensure that Springboard Retail consistently delivers the highest quality service. As a player on the QA team, you will perform validations of product changes, work with the product team during the design process to ensure features are well specified, and develop automated tests that will improve our long term QA efficiency. As QA Lead, you will ensure that we consistently have the right systems in place to ensure that quality is deployed on a continuous basis. You will also recruit and mentor junior QA team members, participate in the development of our QA processes, documentation, and tooling, and share knowledge and best practices among the QA and development teams. Springboard Retail is a fully distributed team so this is a remote position.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to understand requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria and to translate into detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for multiple products
- Play the lead role in designing and enhancing automated and manual testing infrastructure and drafting product release deliverables consistent with established standards, methodologies, and best practices. Building our overall testing strategy, in collaboration with engineering and product team leaders. Ensure adoption of QA best practices across all teams.
- Liaise with product and engineering teams as the main point of contact to represent QA team in terms of progress, deliverables, and deadlines. Coordinate QA team activities and workload. Estimate, prioritize, plan, coordinate, and track testing activities across the QA team.
- Perform automated and manual testing of our web/native applications and APIs
- Participate in agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospectives
- Develop and manage key metrics to drive towards overall business goals and support critical decision making
- Become a Springboard Retail product expert
- Manage multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Serve as a mentor to junior engineers. Play a lead role in QA team planning and expansion as needed
- 5+ years of QA experience, preferably in a continuous deployment environment
- 1+ years experience in a QA lead capacity
- Experience automating UI tests for web applications
- Strong understanding of BDD principles
- Experience with Cucumber or similar tools
- Experience working with Ruby or other scripting language
- Experience testing Web applications built around web services
- Experience with testing APIs and other back end system testing
- Experience with Agile process and tools such as GitHub and JIRA
- Ability to demonstrate a consistent QA mindset and attention to detail
- Proven experience with delivering high quality software products within a fast-paced release cycle
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Hardware testing experience is preferred
We offer flexible work schedules and the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from a tightly integrated, best-in-class team. Our team is fully remote, so all of our processes are designed around facilitating collaboration across time zones and distances.