Note before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:-1 hour > France time zone < +1 hourInfrastructure Team at Heetch
Our team has built a great cloud infrastructure (AWS, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, etc.) which supports millions of events and serves millions of API requests per day to serve over a dozen thousands of rides daily without hiccups. Our infrastructure is growing on a daily basis, with more than 160 microservices owned by 16 different teams and counting.We’re taking on some big challenges for our next steps, though, and we need people with the skills and knowledge to help us expand our system correctly and in a flexible way.By joining the team, you'll be helping to bring its technical vision to the next level to run our services at scale.Our Values- Make it happen:
Bring intensity and discipline, but focus on important work.- Common interest first:
Never let a teammate behind and embrace change.- Kindness:
You treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you. Always assume good intentions.- Communicate Wisely:
Listen to one another: everybody has the same right to speak up.- Free Mind:
Accept everyone for who they are and embrace differing perspectives to make better decisions.What will you do?
As an Engineering Manager, you will manage a fast-growing remote team to help us improve the performance and reliability of our current systems. You will maintain and build the automated systems that will allow us to scale our infrastructure to support our growth and our international expansion. You will also work hard to create a healthy environment with the team where it's safe to experiment while moving fast.Deliver
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Data teams to facilitate project delivery by ensuring alignment and on time delivery- Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals- Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members- Deliver high quality, availability, reliability, scalability, and secure distributed systemsCoach
- Support and inspire an ambitious group of engineers in their career goals- Work with our people operations team to maintain our high performance and high morale- Oversee a distributed team (fully remote across Europe) of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for the team and its members- Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group- Maximize team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences- Cultivate high engagement, performance and commitment to the product through a motivational & visionary approach- Develop and mentor upcoming leaders and key engineersHire
- Be actively involved in hiring and growing our engineering team- Plan and implement hiring strategies to attract talent within your team- Advocate for engineering and management on the blog or at social and tech eventsDrive changes
- Help us grow and evolve our engineering culture- Work with other engineering managers to drive cultural changes across the organisationDoes it sound like you?
- You’ve managed teams that designed and operated critical infrastructure, particularly with a broad experience across service orchestration, deployment systems and the cloud.- You know how to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems.- You have more than 4 years of engineering leadership experience with at least 2 years managing multiple teams in various locations.- You have already worked in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company.- You have strong communication skills: You're able to interact with a variety of people, technical or non-technical.- You show a significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry.What's next?
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 3 steps:1. Interview with your line manager (1h30)2. Interview with a panel of Engineering Managers (1h30)3. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future team and stakeholdersCheck out our Engineering Blog
and follow our twitter
:)You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!