DGACM is looking for a an experienced Database Administrator to support our Lead Engineer and help provide management of Microsoft SQL and Azure SQL infrastructure and optimization of software development and deployment processes.
NOTE: Because this is a support role, we are looking for candidates who can be available ON CALL outside our normal working hours (Vienna Central European Summer Time /
GMT+2). This would mean having a direct phone number to reach you in case of emergencies.
This role will require only limited hours, between 10-20 per week.
This support role will be asked to assist with the following areas:
• Support software development processes and implementation of new software releases through review of SQL scripts and changes;
• Proactively monitor and maintain database infrastructure in Microsoft Azure cloud for possible problems and performance improvements;
• Maintain and implement security best practices; proactively investigate improvements to MS SQL security;
• Support software deployment activities as it relates to SQL infrastructure and scripting;
• Investigate technical incidents related to SQL infrastructure;
• Cooperate and communicate closely with software development and quality assurance teams to ensure efficient processes;
• Maintain and optimize deployment infrastructure, including replication management;
• Maintain and support SQL Server infrastructure;
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of Microsoft Azure and SQL and propose new tools, processes and strategies as appropriate;
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Be available for emergency issues outside of Lead Engineers working hours
See related remote developer jobs