The Front End Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of software that supports our database of scholarly productivity and providing limited end-user support, with a focus on user interface design and development. As part of the development team, you will develop and maintain new applications, as well as support existing applications for our clients and internal users. This is a remote position which will require employee to live and work within the US. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Maintains company’s proprietary software used for maintaining scholarly activity information.
- Utilizes expertise to suggest UI/UX solutions to business use cases
- Obtains the business requirements needed from internal and external customers in order to develop the appropriate solutions to ensure a functional and efficient product.
- Perform the coding for technical specifications written or verbalized by internal and external customers.
- Provides training assistance to customers on the use of the respective systems or processes.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the organization to create the best possible product and to maintain a timely and accurate delivery of requested software.
- Responds to customer systems issues and provides solutions to problems as needed.
- Conducts testing of the software and assuring its quality.
- Investigates and suggests solutions to defects and problems that may have been detected during testing.
- Implement the localization or globalization of the software as per the market needs.
- Conducts performance tuning, balancing, improvement, automation and usability.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendation in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing systems.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications
- Serve as a liaison between all departments to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; a degree in Computer Science, Engineering preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in software development.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, SQL a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio and/or Visual Studio Code
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have attention for detail and take pride in delivering a quality result.
- Strong candidates will possess a self-starter attitude and exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operate in a virtual structure with employees working from home. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Travel: This role travels approximately 15% of the time attending conferences/training and team meetings.