The product engineering team is responsible for the creation and quality of the XOi Vision platform. This platform serves thousands of Field Technicians across the country. We’re looking for a Senior Python Engineer (Analytics) to play a key role in building and maintaining the backend code and services that support our mobile and web applications.
We are a group of talented and passionate group of engineers and data scientists working together to discover and provide valuable insights for our customers. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to provide our users with these unique insights, best practices, and assistance to the problems they face in their workplace. Problems and solutions typically center around aspects of the XOi platform such as image recognition, natural language processing, and content recommendation.
As a senior-level engineer on the analytics team, you will build applications and data pipelines to curate and organize XOi’s data. Data is our most valued asset, and in this position, you will be a key contributor to the team. You’ll build applications using technologies such as Python (AWS Lambda), Docker, GraphQL and DynamoDB.
- Build effective, well-tested server and APIs
- Build data pipelines and web scrapers
- Build containerized services for machine learning models
- Assist in gathering and implementing requirements for data applications
- Take ownership for application components and ensure quality throughout the development process
- Build and maintain CI / CD pipelines.
- Create reports, dashboards and documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the applications you build
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field (or 6+ years of working experience).
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience building and deploying applications or services in a cloud infrastructure environment.
- Expertise with functional or object-oriented program design patterns with a demonstrated ability to choose between and synthesize them.
- Experience with both statically and dynamically typed programming languages and a solid understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of both paradigms.
- Good understanding of REST-based services and service-based architecture.
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles, and code design concepts.
- Experience in developing and supporting rapid iterations of software in an Agile context.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with CI/CD development and organizational practices
- AWS services such as Lambda, AppSync, S3, and DynamoDB
- Experience deploying machine learning models with Tensorflow or similar deep learning frameworks
- Experience with web-development frameworks and visualization libraries such as React and D3.js
You Are Someone Who:
- Has a passion for code quality and craftsmanship.
- Views your profession as your craft and continuously pursues excellence in your work.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Collaborates effectively across various teams, coordinating regularly to set and manage expectations.
- Being a key part of a fast-growing software company where you can make a difference.
- Comprehensive insurance plans.
- Monthly wellness allowance.
- Flexible paid time off & paid volunteer time.
- Learning & development.
- Working in the historic and centrally located Marathon Village in Nashville, TN.
- Participating in team outings, events, and general fun!
- Helping to change an industry by serving the men and women that make our world turn.