We are looking for a Senior React & NodeJS Web Developer to join Scalable Path to work on a client project. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is looking to pave new pathways in the way that users collaborate on, share and consume stories through text and video. Think of YouTube reimagined, telling stories around the campfire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver high quality, responsive and performant features on time
- Attend daily meetings and share your screen to demonstrate your work
- Collaborate with the team and follow best practices
- Ask questions, raise concerns and keep the big picture in mind
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will report to the project lead and participate in daily standup meetings with the web developers, QA engineer and the hands-on Product Owner & CEO. There is an existing daily meeting at 9:00am America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT.
- Excellent experience with React, Redux, NodeJS and Express
- Excellent experience with high traffic systems
- Excellent experience with MongoDB
- Excellent experience with CSS & SASS
- Knowledge of potential security issues and mitigation techniques
- Strong written and spoken English
- Able to build highly performant and fault tolerant APIs
- Able to work well on a remote, multi-national team with Agile and and Scrum
- Ability to work during PDT timezone business hours
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with Next.js and Server Side Rendering
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with AWS DevOps (ECS, EC2, CloudFront + more)
- Experience as a lead developer, development manager, Scrum Master or other role with significant responsibility
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The pay rate for this role is from $35 to $45 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
See related remote developer jobs