We are searching for an engineer who is passionate about building tools and services as a force multiplier. Our team builds and supports tools for other Instructure engineers to enable DevOps on every single team, reduce duplicated effort in our delivery pipeline, and increase overall developer happiness! The right candidate will be passionate about innovative tooling, engineering a great user experience, and large scale efficiency.Culturally our team will look and feel very much like a highly collaborative start-up. We value innovation, so much so that we have quarterly Hackweeks; a week each quarter to work on relevant pet projects and features.Most of our work is open source, even our primary product (Canvas). Check us out on Github: www.github.com/instructure
What We Do:
- We are engineers with experience building innovative internal tools that help engineers be more productive.
- We are a mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem we solve.
- This team works on a lot of different projects across a broad spectrum of technologies in the DevOps space.
- Our engineers become the primary owners of services that enable product teams to execute on product instead of infrastructure.
- We review code and participate in technical design reviews.
- We work with product management to refine requirements and scope projects.
What We Look For:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and developing against Amazon APIs.
- Experience programming in Ruby, Node, or Go.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible or other infrastructure as code tools.
- Experience creating or managing a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Git/Gerrit, Spinnaker etc.).
- Previous experience working fully remote.
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp certificate preferred