Who we are
We are a team of passionate and intellectually diverse individuals, who are building financial services that help companies grow to their fullest potential. We believe that fast, fair, and equitable access to financial intelligence can level the playing field for high performing and high potential companies at any stage in their financing.
The Capital Machine is a systematic financial analysis tool that functions like Bloomberg, but for private companies. Private companies connect their data to the machine and receive financing offers within hours from Capital’s balance sheet. On the back-end, the machine analyzes and benchmarks company data, facilitating data-driven engagement between those who invest capital and those who need it to scale their businesses.
What you’ll contribute
As an Analytics Engineer at Capital, you will work on mission-critical problems related to building robust, scalable data pipelines and productionizing analytics. You understand basic probability theory, applied machine learning, and textual analysis. You’re comfortable writing tested, performant code to migrate ideas from the workbench to production. You love visualization and get excited about making data beautiful and intuitively accessible to end users. At Capital, you’ll develop fluency in the language of capital markets and finance. You are an effective communicator who is excited to build bridges between members of these communities and your own.
Who you are
- You have strong foundations in machine learning and probability theory, with demonstrated success working on applied challenges
- You’ve mastered OOP in Python and have experience working on backend systems that are deployed to production environment
- You understand fundamental software engineering concepts such as modularity, separation of concerns, data structures and interfaces, and computational complexity
- You’ve implemented unit and functional testing as part of a continuous integration workflow
- You have a good eye for data visualization and experience with static (e.g. ggplot2, Plotly) and dynamic (e.g. Dash, Bokeh) toolkits
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to bridge the gap between those who do and don’t speak fluent “data”
- You’ve worked with a distributed processing framework, such as spark, hive, or hadoop
- You have experience implementing workflow/scheduling frameworks such as luigi or airflow
- You have experience working on--or are interested in learning about and attacking--hard financial problems
How you'll be supported at Capital
- Unlimited PTO and flexible WFH policy
- Learning stipend to pursue any kind of professional development or continuing education related or not related to your field
- Platinum medical, vision and dental coverage and OneMedical membership for you and your dependents. Includes FSA & HSA options
- Unlimited parental leave plus fertility benefits
- 401k plans and co-investment opportunities so you can be a part of Capital's stellar investment performance
- Stipends for wellness, transportation, and electronics (laptops, headphones, monitors - anything you need to do your best work)
- Stocked office with 24/7 access and custom workstations
- Another request? Just let us know!