Senior Software Engineer (Back and/or Front End) at PowerDMS (Orlando, FL)
About this role:
Senior Software Engineers (specializing in front-end or back-end technologies, or well versed in both) are emerging leaders with a track record of delivering high-quality software that is scalable and maintainable. Our senior engineers must demonstrate deep empathy for our users, the business and a commitment to pragmatic execution for the development team.
What you would do in this role:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to the broader development team.
- Build software for the broad suite of PowerDMS components, including:
- Back-end: API’s, services, unit and integration tests, SQL queries, queues, cache, service bus, etc.
- Front-end: UX components, unit tests, storybooks, client persistence, state management, etc.
- Assist in the planning and definition of work that the team will perform.
- Be accountable for the timely delivery of the work performed, and the quality, maintainability, and scalability of that work.
- Communicate and manage expectations around risk, delivery, and performance with the scrum masters, product owners and senior leadership as necessary.
- Exercise pragmatic urgency to advance the prioritized goals of PowerDMS.
- Understand high-level expectations of product stakeholders.
- Other duties as prescribed by the Build senior leadership.
What you need to know/have for this role:
- At least 5 years of experience in software development.
- If specializing in front-end technologies: Experience with major, current frameworks. We’re focusing on React with TypeScript, but we’ll consider experience with Angular 2+, Vue.js, etc.
- If specializing in back-end technologies: Experience in the .Net Classic and .Net Core ecosystems using C#. Also: SQL Server, Redis, Elasticsearch are a big win.
- Hands-on experience with a major cloud platform (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.).
- Devops and related automation experience.
- You must be highly organized and provide attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent relevant experience.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job. Usual office working conditions: noise level in the work area is typical of most open-workspace office environments (with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises) and of non-typical workspace environments (with music, cheering/clapping, loud laughter, and bell-ringing/horn blowing).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we offer:
A competitive salary; employer-paid medical and dental insurance for the employee; company-paid short and long term disability benefits and insurance policy; optional Life, AD&D, and Supplemental Insurance; Health Savings and Flexible Spending account options; Unlimited Paid Time Off plan; career development and mentoring; casual dress code every day; snack-stocked kitchen; flexible work schedules; employee engagement and reward programs; and a relaxed, flexible work environment that fosters a balance between hard work and fun.
Sound like you? Here’s what to do:
Please apply via our Careers page at http://www.powerdms.com/about/careers. Select the position, click “Apply Now”, and then complete the online form. From there, we will take a look at your resume and if we think it’s a match, we’ll contact you.
PowerDMS/IDS = DFWP/AA/EOE - M/F/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran
This position description is a summary of the typical functions of the position, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible position responsibilities, tasks and duties. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment; employment remains “at-will”. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
See related remote developer jobs