Are you a U.S. resident looking for a virtual, work-from-home position with a dynamic group of developers, in a company with a strong culture of collaboration?
We are growing! Join a department of developers, business analysts, QA, and support specialists who support an entrepreneurial company of 100 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, structured, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work, our professions and we’re looking for another person to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on GitHub and contribute back to the open source community, whenever able. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We use Slack, Zoom, Jira and Confluence as the backbone of our collaboration. We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team.Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced and engaged LEAD FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER who is motivated, creative, and fun to support and extend our existing codebase, and to develop new custom web applications.
- Full-time, standard business hours
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the U.S. and be legally eligible to work for us without sponsorship
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- Reports to CTO, working closely with Technology Leadership team to set and execute technology vision
- Oversee and mentor a team of Front End Developers responsible for developing and maintaining responsive web-based software for our business - continued.com
- Work closely with Product Management, Project Management, Design and Back End Developers to negotiate feature sets and scope based on priorities, timelines and cost constraints
- Ensure effective code review process is implemented for all projects
- Collaborate with other Dev Managers and Technical Leads on overall architecture of systems, with heavy focus on Front End related elements (HTML, CSS, JS, Frameworks, etc). Your decisions will be impactful
- Collaborating with Project Management, ensure all development work is properly scoped for effective planning of work/timelines
- Collaborate with head of Back End Development organization on successful integration of front and back end components of our applications
- Define browser/device support policy in collaboration with Product, QA and other key stakeholders
- This is a hands-on position - you will be coding!
- Employee performance reviews/PTO management/training/hiring
Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful. Other requirements include:
- A verbal and written communication pro – must be able to explain technical issues to a non-technical person, pleasantly
- Extensive experience with HTML5, CSS, Sass, webpack/Gulp, Vue/React, jQuery/Axios, ES2015
- 7+ years of Application Development with experience defining development guidelines
- Comfortable working on the command line
- Strong experience with source code versioning systems like Git
- Experience working with complex Google Analytics implementations (Event tracking, multiple sites/subdomains, tracking across domains, etc), Google Tag Manager and implementing/managing third party tracking pixels
- Experience formally or informally leading development teams
- Experience working with remote teams
- Strong self-management skills, capable of thriving in a virtual work environment
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Structured, disciplined approach to development, testing and deployment
- Highly-attentive to details, able to cross all the t's and dot all the i's and help review/fix issues with others’ code
- There is direct project oversight, but you are expected to take ownership of your work and your projects, establish deadlines, and communicate progress proactively
Preferred, But Not Required
- Experience coding in a traditional LAMP environment
- Experience implementing website performance optimization plans
- Experience implementing and working with 3rd party CMS platforms
- Experience with A/B or Multivariate Testing
- Experience with front end unit testing (JSUnit, Mocha, Jest, etc.)
We value attention to detail. Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team, 2) a link to a favorite clip on YouTube, and 3) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.