We Make Websites are a Shopify Plus agency with offices in New York and London. Our team of 60+ design and develop e-commerce sites for some of the world's largest brands, including: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, BBC, Aarmy, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Bulletproof, Revant Optics, Missoma, Harper Collins and The Economist.
As a Full Stack Node App Developer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solutions consultants and agile project managers, to build best-in-class applications to support and extend e-commerce websites.
Your job will see you working closely with our team of developers to architect, build, and optimize Node applications of various scale.
What we're looking for
- Based in the UK
- Experience building Node JS apps and Node frameworks (Koa, Express or similar)
- Experience with React (Next JS)
- Experience building and using APIs
- Experience working with database’s (MS SQL, My SQL or similar)
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have...
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Knowledge of Shopify Embedded App development
- Knowledge of Shopify REST and Graph QL API
- Knowledge of Shopify Polaris React components
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS cloud services
- Experience with Jamstack and headless CMS
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with React.js
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Hybris or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel.
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two. **
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.**
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. Think in-office tuck shop level of snacks, only free. **
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.