We are building the world‘s first verified forest carbon marketplace. We watch forests, track carbon offsets, and connect buyers to high-quality projects. We need your help to bring transparency and to increase the use of forests to remove carbon.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us develop state of the art remote sensing applications. You will be working with an A team on the mission of restoring nature to solve climate change. Our datasets include high resolution imagery from Maxar and Planet Labs, LiDAR and open satellite imagery. We are backed by like minded and top investors, such as Saltwater Capital, Chris Sacca, and Paul Graham.
Job is remote, but we prefer candidate to be within three hours of the Pacific time zone.
- Develop and maintain Pachama's remote sensing verification models.
- Interpret models and scientific studies to translate them into clean (and beautiful) code.
- Develop and improve our pre-processing pipeline.
- Experience processing satellite imagery at scale.
- Experience training and serving computer vision models.
- 5+ years of experience with Python.
- 3+ years of experience with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch.
- Deep understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experience working in fast paced teams.
- Hacker mentality.
- Beginner's mind.
Nice to Have
- Experience with PostGIS.
- Experience with Beam.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience processing LiDAR.
- CS Degree or equivalent.