DevOps Engineer - Turkey
OCR Labs is an identity verification software company that has developed world leading digital identity verification technology. We’ve built everything from the ground up and have a broad range of blue-chip customers across banking, telecommunications, government and more. We’ve perfected the technology in the Asia Pacific region and are in the process of rapidly expanding the reach of our industry leading technology globally.
We are looking to improve the operations of our business through the recruitment of an experienced and talented DevOps Engineer that can coordinate and optimise both our internal engineering functions and customer support engagements.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Engineering in Sydney and will assist the engineering team in support and creation of customer SaaS platforms. To adequately perform this role the candidate should be technically conversant and must have solid communication skills to align technical and non-technical parties. The role will initially be customer facing and so the successful candidate will have experience of engaging directly with customers.
You should be located within Turkey and speak Turkish and English.
You will work in close collaboration with our Head of Engineering and product teams to:
· Build and maintain our next-generation, secure and scalable infrastructure.
· Evolve our current platform and prepare for its migration.
· Help to architect and build not only the systems, but also the DevOps team and tools.
The position is fulltime and would primarily be service our Turkish customer base although some flexibility will be required.
Whilst technical competence is critical, we place great emphasis on communication and collaboration across the business.
· 3+ years’ experience managing Unix based systems and understanding how automation works.
· You must be able to communicate, both in writing and orally in English, and collaborate effectively with a global team.
· You are autonomous, but also know it’s better to ask than to guess. You are dependable, responsible, and committed.
· Experience with VMs, Baremetal installations, Firewalls, Configuring OS, Load balancing, Backups and CI/CD pipelines.
· Experience of deploying large scale solutions to strict timelines.
· Experience of supporting customers using JIRA or related support portals.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
· AWS experience and Cloud Computing
· Containers and Security
· Lambda, Rust and EC2
· API gateway and REST APIs
· Git and GitLab
OCR Labs is an international organisation with offices in Australia, United Kingdom and Turkey that has developed world leading digital identity verification technology. We’ve built everything from the ground up and have a broad range of blue-chip customers across banking, telecommunications, government and more. We’ve perfected the technology are currently in rapid scale up mode with further expansion into international markets. Learn more at www.ocrlabs.com/tr