Loadsmart is seeking to hire a Latin America-based Senior Site Reliability Engineer. This person will have a passion for disrupting the industry and building solutions that create sustainable, long-lasting value. You will be supporting a rapidly growing tech company with award-winning solutions focused on being the best one stop shop for carriers across the United States.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will implement experimental ideas to deploy software development projects and new processes. This role requires creative problem solving, and troubleshooting root-cause analysis of system operation issues.
The Right Fit
If you are passionate about solving problems at scale, you will be successful here. You are fearless in pursuit of reinventing the future of freight through solving inefficiencies in the industry.
- Build data warehouse to house data from various sources, including relational databases, streaming services and Web APIs
- Build and support complex ETL infrastructure to deliver clean and reliable data
- Optimize data architecture by trading off storage and computation to achieve low cost and high performance
- Move seamlessly from high-altitude thinking to the tangible and practical supporting our lean software development team
- Collect metrics and understand how each metric correlates to the business and inspire the team to do the same
- Be available for application support during off-hours, as part of on-call rotation
- Seek, give, and receive constructive feedback to teammates through code and specification reviews
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud Computing, SRE/DevOps, data modeling, ETL development, data warehousing, data pipeline and data lake creation
- Experience working with and administering one or more columnar storage systems: Redshift, Snowflake, Bigquery, etc
- Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience in working with AWS, Cloud environments, Containers, Kubernetes
- Docker - DevOps Engineering environment with owning tests, CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with automation and provisioners like Terraform, Ansible or Chef
- Troubleshooting and system engineering exposure in UNIX/Linux production environments
- Expertise in managing Linux servers (either RedHat or Debian-based distros)
- Experience with Big Data and streaming technologies is a plus (Hadoop, M/R, Hive, Spark, etc)
What you will find here
- Generous stock options
- Opportunity to work with modern, cutting-edge technologies
- Mind and body initiatives (Work out platform, Yoga classes, activity challenges)