Sr. Front-End Developer & Team Lead at Bear Group
Bear Group is a leading web development firm looking for an experienced Sr. front-end web developer and team lead to join our team of Drupal and Magento experts. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and new user experiences. Bear Group operates as a distributed company, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, but this is a fully remote position. The Team Lead reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
Sr. Front-end Web Developer & UX Lead | 80% Time
With Bear Group, you will tackle technical problems, code and debug, and occasionally participate in client meetings. You will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with when you encounter obstacles. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Developing sites for Drupal CMS and Magento Commerce.
- Working closely with project management and 3rd party design teams.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to clients.
Front-end Team Lead | 20% Time
You will lead several mid-to-sr level developers to continue to foster our creative, focused, developer-friendly work environment. Mentor, support, and encourage your team with cross-project communication, technology sharing, and expanding expertise in key platforms and technologies. Work on standardization across front-end frameworks across projects. This may include leading research, creating processes, training sessions, reviewing code, dev meetings, and pair programming. In addition, provide feedback via regular 1-on-1 check-ins. You will need to be aware of the projects your team members are actively working on and provide the first level of support to your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, UX or related fields, plus a minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Strong expertise in building eCommerce and CMS websites using frameworks.
- Experience (and portfolio) with responsive development.
- Preference for client-service environments—web development firms, interactive agencies, graphic design firms.
- Strong software development skills and ability to mentor/train others.
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule, set realistic deadlines, manage budgets, coordinate internal and external resources, and accurately estimate resource requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends in emerging and existing web technologies
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication, leadership, management, organization skills.
- 5+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with Symfony components a plus.
- Experience with Drupal or Magento and their respective APIs.
- Significant graphic design, user experience background.
- Understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture.
- Compiled CSS, using SASS or LESS protocols.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
More About Bear Group
We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for eCommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone (PST) workday. As a highly client-focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. We strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter or message, we are interested in how you answer these two questions:
- Tell us about the most typical coding or client difficulty you face and a technique you use to resolve it?
- What’s difficult about being part of a distributed team and how do you overcome it?
Please let the company know you found this position on remote-developer-jobs.com so we can keep providing you with quality jobs.
See related remote developer jobs