Fulll Time / Fully remote anywhere in the US or Canada.
Total Comp: (competitive base comp) + Sign on Bonus + 401k match (4.5%) + 22 days PTO + 5 days paid volunteering time off + extensive healthcare coverage + various other benefits. Total comp is dependent on seniority & work location
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki's SRE Cloud Platform team is responsible for building and scaling the cloud that supports millions of Meraki devices across the world. Meraki’s customer base has grown by a factor of 2-3 every year, serving more than 4 billion HTTP requests per day across eight data centers. Our customers depend on the Meraki cloud to manage and monitor their critical infrastructure of network switches, security appliances, wireless APs, and security cameras. We embrace the *nix way, automate away tedious tasks and build infrastructure as code.
The Developer Tools team at Meraki engineers tools, automation and processes that facilitate developers’ efficiency. We support the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), including core developer tools and environments, build tools, code review, identity management, source version control, artifact management, CI/CD pipelines, education, and documentation. Our customers are all engineers at Meraki.
As a Lead Site Reliability Engineer, you will architect, build, and evolve the developer experience for Meraki's Cloud Engineering teams. You will work within a team distributed across the US and UK and collaborate with other teams across SRE and Cloud Engineering. Your decisions will shape the day to day operations of Meraki's cloud, and enable our engineers to easily, safely, and confidently experiment on and build great products!
Lead the design and evolution of critical infrastructure for building, testing, and deploying our cloud applications.
Take the lead on complex problem resolution and debugging of internal and vendor-supplied tools.
Influence and drive operational excellence within the organization.
Learn and understand the priorities and practices of other engineering teams to design systems that work for them.
Work on cross-functional initiatives within Cloud Engineering and with non-technical stakeholders.
Practice sustainable incident response (on call rotation) and blameless postmortems.
YOU ARE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU:
- Have a software development background with 8+ years demonstrated ability coding with languages like Ruby or Python.
- Quickly learn and dive into new or unfamiliar technologies.
- Like to mentor other specialists and set a higher standard on the team.
- Are deeply passionate about running highly resilient/scalable systems.
- Embrace the configuration-as-code and automation-first attitudes.
- Have experience with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment (we deploy to bare metal, container orchestration, and managed cloud services).
- Experience building and supporting tools for a quickly growing engineering organization.