Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)
Total Funding: $60M (Series B - Jan 2022)
Position: Remote Sr. Frontend Architect (React) Engineer
Comp: $180k-$235k base (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equity + excellent benefits
Location: Remote anywhere in the US or onsite in Denver (HQ)
About the Role
We're looking for a talented Sr Frontend Architect to join our growing team! Our tremendous growth requires someone who can quickly integrate, build & test code, and collaborate with the broader team on architectural design, technical debt and the overall development process.
At Spekit, we have a hard working, diverse, and supportive team. If you're a do-er who thrives in a fast-paced environment and wants to be a foundational member of a growing high-tech company, we’d love to hear from you!
Technologies we embrace:
- Frontend - NodeJS, React, Redux, Typescript
- Backend - Python (+ Django / Django-Rest), PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Linux
What we're looking for in you:
- 8+ years experience in software development
- 4+ years in a technical leadership or architect role
- Strong understanding of modern React best practices (React Hooks, etc.)
- Demonstrable thought leadership in the React ecosystem, contributing to public forum discussions, groups, open-source contributions, etc.
- History of architecting for a scale at a high-growth start up
- Knowledgeable about engineering fundamentals and architecture, including working with Git, CI/CD practices, algorithms and data structures, diagramming and other forms of systems design collaboration
- Ability to apply systems thinking to our client-side architecture and technology to drive optimizations for speed of delivery, quality, maintainability and scalability
- Major bonus… experience leading engineers in developing web applications that make heavy manipulations of the Document Object Model of other web applications via a Chrome extension capability
- You enjoy working in an Agile development environment and taking initiative in improving systems both for our teams as well as users
- You have a Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or similar technical related field
Things we value, culture-wise
- Team Player. We believe that customer experience starts with your employee experience and as such, we believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team.
- Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
- Positive & Purposeful: We’re a collaborative team of innovators and are always looking to think 3 steps ahead of our competition. We think at scale, imagine what’s possible and then work our way backwards with an MVP approach to everything we do.
- Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
- Open-Minded. We are a diverse group of lifelong learners. We approach our work with curiosity and constantly look for ways to improve our products and ourselves, never settling for good enough.
- Work Smart and Be Present: As a startup, it can feel like you’re racing against the clock at all times – where “more” is the only path forward. We believe that you do your best at work when practicing mindfulness, getting the right amount of sleep and prioritizing the things that truly matter in life.
- Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.