Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)
Funding to date: $15M (Series A stage)
Position: Python Developer (Senior level preferred) for our new US based Backend team.
Comp: $170-$190K (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equity
Tech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Python (Must Have), Monitoring, CI/CD, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, Linux
Location: Remote anywhere in the US
Business Impact: The DevOps Manager will be responsible for helping build out a world-class DevOps organization including building operational processes, architecture and design for Spekit. They will ensure site readiness and reliability and support and scale production infrastructure and services. We want our executive leadership and customers to never worry about our infrastructure! The DevOps Manager will also help hire, mentor and train engineers that will support our global organization.
- Technical & Team Leadership for Operational Projects and Tasks
- Design and architect infrastructure & operational methodology & standards
- Hire, manage, coach and mentor the team members to follow design and
- methodology processes and standards
- Design, build, & support production platforms & tools (using Kubernetes, Terraform,
- Puppet, AWS, Python, CLI)
- Automation for building core infrastructure
- Automation to build entire SaaS product to different environments
- CICD platform and pipelines refactoring, scaling, automation
- Create developer enablement tools to decrease time for developers to deploy
- and test their code
- Design & create a monitoring/metrics/alerting platform for developers to easily
- add services by code
- Scale the product, infrastructure, processes, and the team!
- Manage Oncall and DevOps Incidents
- Technical Operations and Site Reliability Engineering of a Production SaaS Environment
- Managing Automation, Monitoring, and Alerting at Scale
- Basic SSH and demonstratable Linux command line troubleshooting expertise.
- Incident Management experience.
- Solid experience with AWS Services (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, Route 53, etc)
- Experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu) including:
- Software build (both native [C/C++] and JS projects)
- Basic Knowledge of Networking Protocols:
- Understanding of HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP and other web protocols
- Understanding of SSL, Certificates, openSSH, openSSL libraries, etc.
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Web and application services such as Nginx, Node.js, Gunicorn
- Proficient working in a Linux based environment
Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Drone CI
Things we value, culture-wise:
- Team Player. We believe that customer experience starts with your employee experience and as such, we believe in collaboration, transparency, integrity, trust, listening, doing what is right, and always going above and beyond for our team.
- Grit & Growth. We run towards challenges. If something seems unsolvable, it unleashes our persistence, our creativity, and our ability to move through uncertainty to create a solution.
- Positive & Purposeful: We’re a collaborative team of innovators and are always looking to think 3 steps ahead of our competition. We think at scale, imagine what’s possible and then work our way backwards with an MVP approach to everything we do.
- Simple yet Spektacular. We’re in the early stages of building something really great and that requires a lot of hands on deck and a focus on execution. In this journey, we uncover joy in simplicity, obsess over the experience, pivot quickly and always reach for excellence.
- Open-Minded. We are a diverse group of lifelong learners. We approach our work with curiosity and constantly look for ways to improve our products and ourselves, never settling for good enough.
- Work Smart and Be Present: As a startup, it can feel like you’re racing against the clock at all times – where “more” is the only path forward. We believe that you do your best at work when practicing mindfulness, getting the right amount of sleep and prioritizing the things that truly matter in life.
- Enjoy the Journey. Love what you do and who you do it with! We embrace joy and kindness and we bring our authentic selves to work each day. We seek to share our optimism and compassion with everyone around us.
Bonus If You Have:
Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
About the Team:
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo.
As a distributed engineering team, we are enthusiastic about the future of work where employees can own their schedule and balance work with a healthy happy lifestyle. We optimise for having clear schedules to focus on getting work done, and balance the need for creative problem solving discovery and human interaction by hosting bi-annual goal-setting retreats for all team members at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. This is not mandatory for fully remote engineers but encouraged if it's possible.