Are you looking for an opportunity to provide high impact on long-term product decisions that will delight the user? Do you love being the voice of the customer? The Sr Product Manager role at Percona sets the bar for success (and helps achieve it!) both with our external customer base and with internal stakeholders and development teams.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the inbound and outbound product management efforts involving our open source database software. Working closely with engineering teams, the goal is to further product adoption and growth. You will collaborate with customers, partners, other product managers and tech leads at Percona, translating the product vision into user stories and use-cases that engineering can feasibly implement. You will balance time and scope to ensure that we are delivering value to the user.
What You Have Done
- Proven success building compelling product strategy from broad customer research for enterprise IT software with multiple teams in mind; experience should include shipping products
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of customers’ business challenges and needs and how those translate to products that delight the customer
- Proven technical background in software development or operations
- Experience in working cross-functionally within and beyond engineering to successfully develop and deliver software products and solutions
- Ability to lead by influence rather than authority, breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
- Desire to mentor/coach other product managers
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Willing to travel occasionally on business (as travel conditions permit)