Full Stack Developer
Location: Hybrid / remote working with offices based in London
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36000 - £60000 pa + excellent benefits
As an experienced Developer, you enjoy the challenge of improving and modernising an existing stack. You favour refactoring and continuous improvement over rewriting something from scratch. Testing and automation are some of your go-to tools to achieve this. You enjoy working in a cross functional team in an agile environment on high traffic customer facing websites and web applications.
- Youll take a key role in bringing the Focusrite Group platform (currently largely based on Drupal9)to the next level. Youll help us get the most out of the CMS while giving us the flexibility to work with other tools. Were going headless, using modern front-end frameworks and making more use of cloud technologies. Youll be working on making our back end scalable and performant. You'll also be working with designers writing web user interfaces in a semantic and accessible way.
- You have a good grounding in traditional PHP / MySQL stacks and experience working with micro-services (REST APIS).
- Youll also be joining the team on their journey as we adopt development practices like continuous integration, TDD and infrastructure as code.
- Youll work closely with other developers, pairing remotely, implementing features and bug fixes, reviewing pull requests in an agile scrum environment.
- Work on features and bugs for our flagship websites.
- Write excellent, maintainable code, and take part in code reviews.
- Discuss design and implementation details with the rest of the team.
- Adopt modern development practices with the team.
Skills and experience required:
- You have experience developing with the Drupal content management system.
- You practice test-driven development and continuous integration/deployment (we use Circle CI).
- You are comfortable with relational databases (specifically MySQL).
- You have experience developing applications in the cloud (preferably AWS).
- You have worked on REST APIs (and/or graph QL).
- You understand common web infrastructure tooling (CDN, databases, in memory caches, etc...).
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment.
- You are familiar with git-based workflows (pull requests, rebasing, etc.). We use GitHub.
- You are comfortable writing tests, pair programming, and reviewing code.
Experience of any of the following would be an advantage:
- Good CSS knowledge (Sass).
- Experience with ecommerce and integrating with payment gateways.
- Experience with Node JS.
- Experience designing REST APIs.
- Experience with GraphQL
Focusrite plc is a global music and audio group that develops and markets music technology products. Used by audio professionals and amateur musicians alike, its solutions facilitate the high-quality production of recorded and live sound. Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity we make music easy to make.
The Focusrite Group trades under eight established and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation, ADAM Audio, Sequential, Martin Audio, Optimal Audio and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning decades, its brands are category leaders in the music-making industry.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in and we enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture which encourages innovation. This culture, combined with a passion for the inspirational solutions we create, has led to the group winning numerous accolades, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise and the AIM Company of the Year Award 2021.
The Focusrite Group is dedicated to building a great place to work and as an equal opportunity employer we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion. The group mission is to cultivate an equitable culture, internally and externally, where all people feel they are welcome and positively represented, whether office-based or working remotely. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible/hybrid working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, free breakfast/lunch in the canteen at Focusrite HQ. We arrange company training sessions and encourage personal development.