Canonical Ubuntu is the leading open source platform for large-scale cloud and edge deployments, so we are increasingly called upon to help customers comply with security certification requirements such as FIPS, CIS and FedRAMP. This role is about:
- guiding the security certifications for Canonical Ubuntu
- telling the story of Canonical's work to deliver secure platforms
- shaping, designing and acting as product manager for related tools in Ubuntu
- engaging with the open source security community
- engaging with CISO and security practitioners
If you have a passion for technology and business, an appreciation of open source, and good communication skills, then you will enjoy a product leadership role at Canonical.
We place ever more trust in software and data security in our increasingly connected world. Canonicals mission to deliver the worlds best open source platform comes with a responsibility to set the highest possible standard for software security, not only for the OS but also for the wide range of open source software that developers enjoy on top of Ubuntu. Our customers depend on Canonical to set the pace for systemic security capabilities and practices.
The successful candidate will be deeply familiar with the major global certifications needed at the operating system level in primary economies such as the USA, Canada and Europe. They will have an appreciation for the challenge in ensuring that a fast-moving open source platform complies with these detailed specifications, and the ability to work with engineering teams to build the necessary capabilities. They will also be an articulate leader, able to influence engineers and business leads. This role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message. We prefer graduate professionals with software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs, to define product strategy and drive engagement.
The successful candidate will be multi-talented, with:
- A technical or science background and qualifications
- Software engineering experience
- A personal interest in security capabilities, practices, issues, threats, strategies, policy
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonicals competition and opportunities
- Strong aptitude for data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Product leadership at Canonical is data-driven and content-centric. Product performance is closely measured and this team participates in regular reviews with company leadership. You will join a growing team and help shape the message across our suite of products. You will create effective content to engage sophisticated technical and commercial audiences, and work closely with marketing, media, engineering, sales, research, consulting, and training teams. You will also be accountable for product go-to-market execution, marketing collateral, case studies, training, and blog posts. You will be expected to deliver measurable lead-gen and awareness.