Our goal is to provide every student, and every teacher, the opportunity to reach his or her full potential. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative supports and develops personalized learning experiences that are passionate about and led by the learner - meeting them where they are cognitively, physically, socially and emotionally. We're looking for engineers to help bring a new personalized learning platform to the globe's generation of students and help advance the potential of humanity.
- Design, build, and maintain a data platform to support work across multiple products and scrums
- Develop pipelines and data products to power research by data scientists with access to data that is accurate, easy to access, and reliable
- Scale and maintain our warehouse and associated infrastructure, with a focus on data accuracy, privacy, and security
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders and help members of the initiative adopt and use tools that improve their access to data needed for their work
- Be a steward for data at the initiative by improving data usability and data quality in our data warehouse, and educating initiative members about standard methodologies for use of data
- 6+ years Experience in Software Engineering or Data Engineering, working on large-scale data challenges
- Experience working on data warehouse and data analytics projects, leveraging platforms like Snowflake, Redshift, Kafka, Hadoop, Airflow, DBT, Amundsen or other data technologies
- Expertise with scripting languages such as Python and writing efficient and optimized SQL
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in a database or data warehouse
- Experience working with cross-functional partners, evangelizing change and communicating effectively across different teams
- Experience working with complex and sensitive data in education space or a related space like healthcare or finance
- Passion for education and bringing technology to improving education
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination or take an onsite COVID test.