Experience Level: Senior
Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
We're looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our clients build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talents on the planet? Then keep reading.
You love pinpointing gaps in test coverage and developing plans to fill those gaps. You'll have a primary focus on designing test plans and processes for new and existing products.
You have 5+ years of relevant Automation QA experience. You have knowledge of best practices and clean code for test automation. You have worked with teams before on large and demonstrable projects, and are comfortable working in Scrum teams on highly paced, big and complex projects with many people involved. You have created and executed numerous test cases from functional requirement documents and test plans. You are experienced with testing frameworks and are an expert at designing and executing all kinds of testing, including Functional, End to End, Regression, Integration, Compatibility, etc.
You have senior experience working with APIs, and are confident in automating API tests. You also have good experience in automating UI tests using webDriverIO. You have substantial experience with web apps using AngularJS, and relevant experience with native apps (both Android and iOS). You are comfortable with pipeline setup, and have detailed documentation skills - especially when reproducing bugs or describing new features. You are comfortable with Git version control and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team environment. You have experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
You understand Agile software development and DevOps practices and can work closely with development teams to help them optimize their code.
You relish testing high-quality code from the comfort of your own home. Your engineering projects will focus on instilling confidence in the stability of an application and testing web and mobile applications. You'll have the opportunity to participate in shipping codes daily that will be used by customers.
You love learning. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet. You are a self-driven, self-learner willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must and for this role we will need you to fully overlap with the Central Standard Time Zone.
[In reference to requisition 998]
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- As a senior QA Automation Engineer, you will focus on our Client’s web and mobile apps to facilitate adding functionality to their web application as well as native iOS and Android applications
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it's important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply.
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its values