Drive the future of collaborative open source development tooling as part of the Launchpad team. This is an opportunity for a motivated engineering manager with a passion for open source software, Linux, and web services to join our distributed team.
Launchpad is a robust platform for managing open source development projects. It includes code hosting and review, bug tracking, package building, translations, and other facilities used by free and open source software developers. It provides essential development infrastructure for major projects such as Ubuntu.
As an engineering manager at Canonical your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work, and generally having a great time at Canonical. Were looking for technical leadership and a solid background in software development, so that youre able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
What youll do
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team and community
- Lead the ongoing development of Launchpad, the infrastructure on which Ubuntu is built
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Demonstrate sound engineering principles by guiding your teams goals in alignment with the product roadmap
- Effectively set and manage expectations with other engineering teams, senior management, and stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- Work from home with international travel up to 6 weeks per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You have experience leading a distributed team to deliver features and manage production services at scale
- You love developing and growing people and have a track record of leading, mentoring, and coaching software developers
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development, ideally with experience in developing and scaling web services.
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.