What You'll Work On
The Professional Services (Pro Serve) teams mission is to help Gruntwork customers be successful with our infrastructure products. As a member of the Pro Serve team, you will:
- Create documentation and content for our doc site and our Pro Serve engagements
- Do Pro Serve engagements with Gruntwork customers, using those opportunities to teach customers how to use Gruntwork products, and making improvements to those products along the way.
- Manage customer onboarding, relationships, and account processes
- Manage and automate processes for documentation and knowledge base improvements
- Improve our support processes to get excellent answers to each customers inquiries
Members of the Pro Serve team interact directly with our customers on a regular basis, as well as with our engineering teams who are working to improve and expand our current products. We strive to make the complex world of Infrastructure easier to understand, and we expect that our efforts will accelerate our customers and help make them self-sufficient on their Infrastructure as Code journey with Gruntwork. In addition to helping our customers succeed, we expect that our work accelerates our internal engineering teams. We improve, document, and automate internal processes as well as improve our product itself.
You'll write plenty of code:
- Creating code examples for the docs site that show best practices of using Gruntwork products.
- Writing code to use in Pro Serve engagements, both for teaching (e.g., code example and exercises) and for actually deploying Gruntwork products into customer environments.
- Building tools for internal automation.
Our benefits reflect our values. We believe compensation should be fair, transparent, and generous. We hire Grunts in many countries, so some details may vary.
- Above-Market Salary. To reduce bias and increase transparency, we compute all salaries using formulas. The formula factors in your title and location and uses a multiplier to produce a result that's above market for that title and location.
- Profit-Sharing Bonus. We set aside a pot of money at the end of each year based on profits and distribute bonuses according to a formula that uses as inputs your level within the company and the length of your tenure at the company.
- Performance Bonus. We give performance-based bonuses as often as once a quarter, depending on your performance.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. We offer a range of high-quality plans with a large portion paid by the company.
- FSA and HSAs. We don't contribute to these accounts, but we do offer them as an option.
- Pension/401(k). We contribute a portion of your salary to your pension or 401(k).
- Disability insurance. If you get disabled, we have a policy that will pay out a portion of your salary.
- Hardware budget. We'll buy you a brand new 16" Apple MacBook Pro (or other computer of your choosing of equivalent value) upon joining. It will be owned by you, not the company.
- Personal Budget. We'll give you a personal budget of several hundred dollars per month to spend on your workspace (e.g., a co-working space), health (e.g., gym, yoga), time (e.g., babysitter), and/or learning (e.g., books, courses).