Senior Security Engineer - REMOTE
- Requisition # 10044920-WD
- Job Type Full time
- Location Austin, Texas
- Date posted 11/01/2021
Your potential. Your opportunity.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions, if applicable. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in Cloud Security, providing security strategy, security architecture assessments and reviews of enterprise projects.
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise security controls in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to cloud security direction and strategy planning.
- Provides direction, develops, and leads technical risk assessments across all IS applications and systems to identify and assist in mitigating security related issues.
- Diagnoses security issues that may involve extensive analysis.
- Recommends resolutions to management. Can provide expertise across multiple areas of security specialization and across multiple technical platforms.
- Researches opportunities to improve security standards and identifies best practices from the industry.
- Reviews project designs to ensure security design is compliant with policy and operational requirements. Independently identifies and defines problems.
- Designs controls / standards with broad implications, requiring systems integration of one or more technical platforms.
- Typically consults to project teams where security issues are a central concern, and where methods and approaches to address these concerns are not clearly evident.
- Functions independently with limited work direction.
- Demonstrates expertise in multiple security specialties.
- Provides guidance to project teams on security issues; ensures that project plans / technology initiatives are security compliant.
- Follows standard procedures to follow up on security incidents, collecting and reporting appropriate information.
- Develops, evaluates, and ensures follow-up for all information from enterprise security tools.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least six (6) + years of relevant Cyber Security experience in a large corporate environment.
- At least three (3) years of AWS Cloud Security experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- 3+ years ' experience with security in a multi Cloud environment and familiarity with AWS and Azure platforms.
- 3+ years ' experience with security automation and scripting using Python or other scripting language.
- 3+ years ' experience deploying one of the commercial Cloud security products and closing the gaps through development, automation, API integrations, and researching
- Familiarity with development using RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity of advanced iterative Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity to security standards such as NIST 800-53, NIST 800-190 and NIST 800-204A
- Any of the following are a plus but not necessary; CISSP, CCSP, CKS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.