Lead Backend Golang Engineer – Role Overview:
You’ll be responsible building out the backend Golang function across the products. You’ll be someone passionate about Golang, active in the Go community and excited by the thought of coaching/leading a group of backend engineers on the transition to Go.
Benefex are in a period of transition with one product being built in Go, and the other products being moved over to Go.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, day to day you’ll be working closely with the other Engineers in the Home Squad ensuring the product is evolving to meet the overall roadmap and strategy, as well as defining the Backend development best practices and building upon the existing methodology and tools.
This position will be ~40% hands-on coding vs 60% spent on technical leadership of the Chapter (architecture, coaching and mentoring, advocating best practice, technical innovation).
Golang, REST API’s, Java 8, Spring Boot, Tomcat, MongoDB Atlas, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Microservices, Event-driven architecture, distributed systems.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead the adoption and acceleration of Golang across the squads and backend chapter.
- Be the technical lead and line manage the Backend chapter to ensure they develop using best practice and deliver within the sprints in collaboration with the VP Product Engineering.
- Hold regular 1-2-1 sessions to mentor and coach your chapter to advance their skills and learning and grow their capabilities in Golang.
- Collaborate with the CTO, Principal Engineer and other Lead Engineers to architect the best solutions and strategy for the OneHub products.
- Hands-on collaboration with the squad Engineers to analyse, design and deliver new Product features.
- Evolve the current coding standards and increase the documentation across the Backend chapter.
- Ensure work is delivered to a high standard and manage technical debt as part of the Backend strategy.
- Architecting and building REST APIs on a distributed cloud solution.