At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you will join us. We cannot do it without you.
As part of the Enterprise Cloud Platform team, you will be at the center of JHA’s strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a development team creating new banking applications and shared platform services using an innovative technology stack as well as engage daily with other Software engineers, DevOps engineers, Product owners, Business analysts, and QA automation engineers on your team and across the organization.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is annually recognized as one of the best tech companies to work for in the U.S. by Forbes and other local sources! This is a fast paced and fun work environment with a talented team engaging like a start-up company. You will need to be able to be agile, flexible and should be self-motivated as well as someone who loves to work closely with other teams across JHA and our clients.
The target salary range for this position is between $110k- 160k depending on experience and geographical location. This position can sit at any Jack Henry location or Remotely anywhere in the US.
What you will be responsible for:
• Complete product technical/architectural design and prototyping/software development.
• Perform system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
• Provide cost estimates and comparisons of technical designs utilizing various technologies.
• Provide individual and team level time estimations for implementation of technical designs.
• Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
• Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
• Collaboratively work with Business Analysts, QA engineers, and DevOps Engineers to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
• Create required technical documentation.
• Perform release validation testing and beta support for products.
• Adhere to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
• Assist in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
• Collaboratively work with Onshore contractors.
• Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application/service.
• May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you will need to have:
• Minimum of 6 years of software development experience.
• Experience using Angular or React.
• Able to travel 5 % for internal meetings, workshops, and/or training.
What would be nice for you to have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
• Domain Driven Design Approach.
• Strong interest in mentoring other developers and presenting apps & technologies to stakeholders.
• Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0, GO, or Java microservices.
• Building RESTful API’s according to industry standards and integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
• Docker Containers, Kubernetes, or Azure Kubernetes Service experience.
• Performance testing and optimizing services and the scaling of those services.
• Configuring/utilizing APMs to ensure service stability.
• Defining Service Level Objectives and Indicators according to consumer needs.
• Key Vaults and Certificate Management experience.
• SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
• Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
• ElasticStack, LogStash/Fluentd, Kibana.
• Experience using Angular or React.
• Git-based repositories.
• Financial Industry experience.