Job Profile Summary:
The Salesforce Developer II is responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems. They communicate project information to client, project manager, or other design personnel working on projects. They maintain good working relationships with clients and staff. They write and maintains complete documentation. They support team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. They keep management informed of status and significant problems.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Experience with Apex and Visual Force development methods.
- Experience with Salesforce API.
- Experience with SOQL (Salesforce Object Query Language).
- Knowledge of both Sales and Service Cloud applications.
- Meet withthe businessto determine functional and technical requirements and participate in application design, configuration, testing and deployment
- Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce.com platform.
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing,trainingand documentation.
- Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, project plans)
- Utilize best practices to perform operational support, enhancements, bug fixes as needed to the Salesforce.com platform
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain updated ticketing for events, incidents, requests, changes, problems, etc.
- Understand integrations to external systems
- Subject matter expert in the area of responsibility or working knowledge of several technical areas.
- Typically requires a technical university degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Advanced degrees (Master’s or PhD) may be required for certain disciplines and reduce the experience requirement by 2-4 years. Industry-relevant experience.
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3+ years' experience and a proven track record in developing web-based applications and web services using Java, SOAP, REST, XML, and other web technologies.
- Software engineering skills with Force.com Platform (Lightning,Apex,VisualForce, SOQL, Unit Testing)
- Experience interfacing with Oracle databases and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure.
- Current Salesforce Platform Developer Certification
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.