About the Role
FieldLevel needs a Senior Fullstack Engineer who has experience leveraging and building communication infrastructure to help create experiences that lead to re-engagement.
The area of ownership for your team is communication outside of the app. We are a network where athletes and coaches connect to find opportunities. The communication that happens around activity on the platform is central to a members' success. When something important happens for a member, but they don't know about it or aren't responsive, it is worse than that member not even being a part of the network. The mission of this team is to make sure our members don't miss out on what matters to them most.
You will be part of a brand new product team, building and improving how users experience communication. Pokes, notifications, and experimental re-engagement are your domain. You will not be doing corporate communications, educational content, or feature releases. Your base metric is re-engagement, and you will attempt to impact this via experience metrics that are meaningful to members.
What you'll do:
Over the next year, we intend to tackle some significant problems related to re-engagement. You will participate in all phases of the product discovery & delivery lifecycle as a key member of a cross-functional team.
Some of the issues you will be working on include:
- Too often, coaches and athletes tell us they have missed a milestone or didn't get a timely alert for the activity that happened on FieldLevel. You will discover where we fail to meet expectations and build a pattern for communicating that ensures no important activity gets missed.
- We lean heavily on email. With a majority of our members, this is not the right communication channel. You will be working to communicate with members where they are, with the right message, using the right medium, at the right time.
- Lots of coaches and athletes sign up and never return. For many, the timing just isn't right. You get to figure out how to reach them when the moment is right, motivate them, and keep that momentum going through to success.
Your team's solutions to these problems will unlock growth and set members up for successful outcomes. At FieldLevel, success means a high school athlete gets to play in college, and a college lands an athlete that has the potential to propel them to a championship. It may sound a little corny, but that puts us squarely in the dreams business.
Our process encourages teams to discover and deliver. Our team members are growth-minded, good at what they do, and kind to one another. We believe that learning, impacting, and being continually challenged are the keys to career happiness.
In addition to your role on the engineering team, you are part of a dedicated, empowered product team, typically consisting of a product manager, frontend engineer, backend engineer, and data analyst. Product teams at FieldLevel work in cycles to deliver on essential objectives.
- Self awareness and humbleness.
- Love delivering products into the hands of customers.
- 5+ Years of Experience in .Net & C#
- Experiences with React and or AngularJS
- 5+ Years of Experience writing and tuning SQL to build services that power our mobile & web applications.
- You can comfortably work on PST/MST timezone.
- You are a US Citizen and you can work in the US without sponsorship.
Under the Hood
- React, React Native, .Net C#, SQL Server, Azure, Docker, Redis
- CI / CD automated to production.
- We do our best to make small changes early and often. Code is deployed all day long.
- We are agile, but we do not strictly adhere to Agile.
What Work-life Balance Means to FieldLevel
- Remote, in-person, or hybrid, you choose
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ten paid holidays and the days between Christmas and New Years
- One week of sick leave each year
- Multiple team-building off-sites per year
- Attend conferences and training of your choosing
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully paid medical (HMO, PPO, Kaiser options) and dental for you, your partner, and your children
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- 401K with matching
- Stock options