The Senior Software Engineer Integrations designs, develops, tests, implements, upgrades, documents and provides hyper-care and level 3 support for Wawa integrations. Possesses deep technical understanding in multiple technical disciplines, and is capable of managing, escalating and resolving complex issues. Lead inter-team projects/initiatives.
- Translate functional requirements into technical design. Leverage understanding of Wawa’s design principles, including open architecture, user experience, end-point agnostic, cloud, data, scalability and security. Work with project manager to estimate work effort and duration. Ensure that requirements are being met within the technical design.
- Ensure adherence to security standards to maintain PCI compliance and mitigate overall corporate risk. Adhere to Security Team standards in the design, development, installation and upgrade of new and existing technologies.
- Develop software utilizing agreed upon Wawa standards and a formal structured approach that emphasizes correctness, completeness, reusability and maintainability. Software development tactics include problem decomposition, planning, testing and coordination. Software developed is efficient and maintainable.
- Develop and execute technical test scripts to ensure a high level of success during user acceptance testing. Perform integrated testing where possible.
- Support the implementation of applications by packaging the release, documenting dependencies, creating support documentation, and following all standard communication processes.
- Prepare and install vendor solutions by evaluating system specifications, documenting Wawa specific installation and upgrade steps, and executing the installation/upgrade package. Work with project manager and/or end user to meet timelines and perform basic smoke testing of the application.
- Monitor support queue and respond in a timely manner to troubleshooting requests. Identify trending issues to assist in determining root cause. Develop a plan and perform code remediation activities to eliminate issues and manual intervention. Maintain metrics as agreed.
- Maintain technical support documentation with up to date processes and procedures.
- Follow all processes identified by IT Service Management including but not limited to change management, problem management and incident management.
- Grow technical knowledge by researching the latest development methods and techniques, learning new technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Research, test and implement new technologies to increase velocity and operational stability.
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical Associates.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Some vendor management skills
- Ability to be on-call 24/7 when required
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and technology platforms quickly and independently
- Offer technical expertise, feedback or advice as a valuable resource to others
- 3-5 years Experience coding complex Talend integrations
- Experience connecting with Workday and SAP endpoints
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a technical discipline preferred (e.g., engineering), or technical certifications, or related experience
- 5 to 7 years of related work experience
- Ability to achieve certifications in multiple appropriate strategic technologies.
- Minimum of three years’ experience operating and managing in a large-scale Windows/Linux environment.
- Fluent in multiple toolsets and platforms (SharePoint, Visual Studio, SSRS, SSIS, Nintex)
- General knowledge around endpoint protocols and security components (SFTP/FTP, File, OAuth2, SSL, SSH, LDAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Security Technologies and standards (PCI)
- Knowledge of standard support frameworks (e.g., ITIL)
Wawa will provide reasonable accommodation to complete an application upon request, consistent with applicable law. If you require an accommodation, please contact our Associate Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-444-9292.
Wawa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Wawa maintains a work environment in which Associates are treated fairly and with respect and in which discrimination of any kind will not be tolerated. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all applicants and Associates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Unlawful discrimination will not be a factor in any employment decision.