Help us to build a modern data warehouse and empower Slido team with comprehensible datasets.
At Slido we aim to design for the future. In it, we expect everyone to work with data as a part of everyone’s job description. That said, the preparation of datasets, metrics and their visualizations in a reliable and reproducible manner as a strong foundation still requires substantial data-specific expertise.
If you happen to be passionate about data and you are not afraid to use software engineering practices, this can easily be you!
- Take ownership of the design, development, and maintenance of key SQL data models, metrics and definitions.
- Collaborate with the larger Data organization on building Slido’s data platform using a modern data stack focusing on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Ensure the datasets are automatically created by procedures that are peer-reviewed, well-tested and documented.
- Extract data needs from stakeholders and transform business questions into automatable processes and analyses.
- Understand the market landscape through detailed analysis of Slido’s unique data, identify potential problems and opportunities to empower key business stakeholders.
- Educate the wider Slido team on how to use Slido’s data in a self-service manner, make data-informed decisions, and use their feedback to refine Slido’s internal data offering
Who are we looking for
- Previous experience with complicated SQL queries, manipulation of large data sets
- Experience with modern data modeling technology (dbt, Airflow) or BI tools (Superset)
- Comfortable using the command line, git, and general software engineering methods
- Fluency with Python or another scripting languages
- Analytical profile, passionate about data and problem solving
- Well organized with fine attention to detail and what we call “simply clever” attitude
- Good communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Interest in Slido’s vision, product and/or business context, past experience with SaaS is a plus