The Director of Information Security is responsible for establishing and administering the overall strategies and procedures for the Information Security function of the company with expertise in the enterprise space and best practices in the industry. The role requires a person with excellent communications skills and an ability to work with multiple teams to support a strong security posture and promotion of information security awareness across the company. A successful candidate would be highly motivated and possess the ability to manage priorities from beginning to end.
- Manage the day to day tasks for the Information Security team.
- Assist and respond to security related questions from the business for RFI /RFP’s.
- Excellent communication skills to explain to both technical and non-technical groups within the company.
- Implement training and awareness programs and oversee regular updates and compliance.
- Develop dashboards and metrics to show continued improvement in the security posture of the company.
- Continual improvement of the technology to make sure it is effective, scalable, and reusable.
- Design and maintain Security policies across the business and utilize tools to support these policies.
- Maintain working relationship with Development, SRE, DevOps and IT teams to continually improve security across the infrastructure.
- Excellent skills in managing a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and priorities.
- Develop and support Secret Management best practices within the application and supporting services.
- Manage internal and external Penetration testing.
- Develop and implement information security and disaster recovery programs in accordance with organizational information security standards
- Ability to manage and ticket work out using an enterprise level ticketing system (Jira, Freshdesk, ServiceNow)
- Excellent skills in managing risk in cloud environments (AWS, Azure)
- Excellent knowledge and experience with SIEM tools and Vulnerability tools (Splunk, Nexpose, Nessus, Metasploit, AWS Inspector).
- Practical knowledge of Windows, Linux and Cloud infrastructure to make key security decisions.
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance experience to manage the ISMS.
- Experience in building security roadmaps and prioritizing resolutions for identified risks.
- Working knowledge in programming and scripting (C#, python etc.) to work on automating common security tasks.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams
- 10+ years in a security related role with accountability on managing Security policy for the company
- Expert knowledge in multiple security frameworks (NIST, ISO, PCI)
- At minimum of 1 certification within the industry (CISSP, CISA, CISM)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Blackduck experience / Nexus SDLC tools
- SonarQube experience
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
About Babel Street:
Babel Street is the world’s leading AI-enabled data-to-knowledge company. The technology enables clients to identify, organize and analyze data, regardless of its location or language. Babel Street products streamline the process of turning data into knowledge by automatically converting client-selected data from over 200 languages to their native language. All publicly available or private data sources can be rapidly deciphered by Babel Street software and utilized to maximize the effectiveness of clients' decision-making processes. With the aid of Babel Street tools, analysts are able to easily filter information to be used in an endless number of ways; everything from deriving large consumer and social trends to identifying threats to a public location or a singular person's life. The company provides organizations with the ability to activate relevant data and act on it faster than ever before. Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, with offices in London and Canberra. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com and check out our Overview Video!
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.