About the Role
At G2 we make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with a strong emphasis on good code design and quality. We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
In this role you will:
- Coach and mentor engineers and support an inclusive process ensuring all engineers understand the architecture and tools
- Make recommendations on technical improvements to deliver consistent value while ensuring throughput and quality code is in line with expected goals
- Support pull request reviews to help complex features move along while keeping a pulse on the quality of our code design
- Consult on complex dependencies between teams with creativity and transparency that need to be met in order to achieve a business goal of stories
- Coordinate and lead training opportunities with budget in mind that will further accelerate the growth of the team in areas of need
- Attend and facilitate agile ceremonies such as scrum, retrospective, grooming and planning to promote good process and help the team focus on the delivery of value
- Facilitate architectural changes that increase the scalability of the web platform while maintaining efficiency in all phases of the development lifecycle
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years of programming experience, ideally in a web environment.
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and guide internal stakeholders.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2.
- Strong time management skills.
What can help your application stand out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a completed Bootcamp
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or React
- Previous experience building web applications front the ground up