At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge DevOps solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only a few years Gearset has become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world's biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves. As a Gearset DevOps Engineer you will work collaboratively using a pragmatically-chosen modern tech stack (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, .NET) to help Gearset run a scalable, secure and reliable service, and enable development of the solution to scale with the growth of the company. Gearset was founded by a group of software engineers and our product has always been built on a robust devops philosophy, but we know there is so much more that we can do.
Who are we?
We're a team of smart, pragmatic people who enjoy giving our best every day to solve our users' problems. We recently received three awards from Best Companies in 2021, putting us in the top 10 best mid-sized companies to work for, the top three best technology companies in the UK, and top 5 best companies in the East of England. We’re proud of what we’ve built and how we’ve built it. We work as a team, where attributes of trust, openness and honesty are key, as they allow us to have a feedback-driven culture that keeps us always improving. To learn more about what “ good” looks like to us, read about our engineering values here. Joining the Devops team, you'll contribute to building out our multi-tenant infrastructure from a single region to multiple across the globe, help scale for an ever growing user base, and support a team developing an increasingly sophisticated web app utilising more and more of the power of AWS. Throughout Gearset we believe to our core in delivering value as early and as often as possible. You'll be involved in building and maintaining the automation that allows us to do things such as release the product to our users multiple times per day, and improving how we operate across the board.
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Have in-depth practical experience working on AWS (VPC networking and security, IAM, EC2, Postgres RDS, S3, EKS)
- Are well-versed in working on production infrastructure which requires maintenance with (little to) no downtime regardless of the complexity of the task
- Have good knowledge of Linux
- Previously have worked with infrastructure-as-code and immutable builds
- Are passionate about getting your hands dirty in both supporting a growing development organization and maturing our ops
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS EKS
- Working on a hosted, multi-tenant product
- Working in an agile development team with a focus on delivering value early
- You'll work 40 hours per week, remotely, collaborating with our team in the Cambridge office
- Salary is £55k - £70k, depending on experience
- Bupa health care
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness cover
- Flexible working hours
Note that you must be based in the UK for this role.