We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our Core Infrastructure team. We build the foundation upon which hundreds of developers build the Spotify experience. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in designing, running and maintaining large distributed storage and database systems while striving for simplicity and high speed of development. Together we try to enable teams to find new ways for creating a great Spotify experience for our users. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music. Our team's mission is to provide an opinionated database layer to guide and support our internal developers. You will engage with peers and internal customers to understand workloads and design, build and operate services and tools to provide a great user experience for engineers interacting with our database layer. Our goal is to make Spotify’s persistent database and cache layer scalable, resilient and secure to a point that operational responsibility is a very small burden on users.
What you’ll do
- Have the ability to impact other squads' efficiency, across the entire company.
- Enjoy solving problems together in pairs or as the whole team.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers in an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Design, develop and operate business-critical backend systems with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- We're using industry-standard, cloud-native tech, which means easily transferable skills.
Who you are
- You are motivated by working collaboratively in teams and continuously improving by giving and receiving feedback.
- You care deeply about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, clean code and automated testing.
- Your passion for learning helps you solve problems in a creative way.
- You are experienced in designing, building and maintaining distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with effective communication skills and drive.
- You are able to apply your knowledge and experience in both structured and unstructured DB technologies to help improve our database offering.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.