- AWS Cloud: Lambda, EKS, ECS, EC2, DynamoDB, Aurora, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Cloudformation, Cloudfront, S3, IAM
- Frameworks: React Native, React, Serverless Framework, Terraform, .Net
- Testing: Browser Stack, Appium, Jest, NUnit
- Query Languages / Databases: MSSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Snowflake
- CICD: GitHub Actions, Jenkins
- Source Control: GitHub
- Process: GitFlow, Agile (Jira), Confluence
- Full stack software engineer with focus on mobile development. A majority of your time will be enabling development in our React Native app with a large amount of time dedicated to the rest of our stack.
- Work effectively with a team of 4-6 other software engineers, QA, Scrum, and Product to build an amazing software product
- Push to production multiple times a day, from multiple different microservices
- Thoughtful in code reviews with the ability to contribute and the humility to learn
- Domain-driven approach to breakout problems into smaller pieces based on business needs
- A test-first approach to writing software
- Trust and autonomy to build the right solution the right way
- 3+ years working with RESTful APIs or GraphQL
- 2+ years working on mobile development
- 1+ years working in the cloud, thinking with a “cloud-first” approach
- Experience with modern web development techniques such as semantic HTML, accessibility, SEO techniques, server side rendering, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively to other engineers (via patterns) or to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with MobX-state-tree or similar state management libraries
- Experience working on native iOS and Android development
- Experience with ES6/ES2015+ and current JS frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular
- Experience with strongly, statically typed languages and OOP principles in C# or Java
uShip’s Senior Software Engineers work on agile teams, solving challenging problems in the logistics e-commerce space. You are a senior engineer that will help lead and create our next wave of products and architectural changes. Ideal candidate believes in a pragmatic approach, is creative, but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code and infrastructure. You’ll be building the foundation that enables us to empower the logistics landscape and help customers all over the world.
uShip offers big-company benefits in a small-ish sized company because we really value and are committed to our people. There are even some extras that’ll surprise you.
- Paid holidays and open vacation policy
- 100% paid maternity and paternity leave
- 100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance available for our employees
- 401(k) with a generous company match, no vesting
- Stock options
- uShip shipping credit ($750)
- Pet insurance
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Casual dress code
- Dog-friendly office
- Remote interviewing and onboarding (full time remote work until further notice)
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace, making it quicker, easier, and more affordable to ship large or bulky items. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed transportation service providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. From cars to cranes and furniture to freight, our straightforward and transparent platform helps people, businesses, e-commerce sellers, and multinational logistics companies ship with greater speed and efficiency. Customers save money and service providers make money using their empty cargo space – everyone wins!
Inclusivity is Key!
We welcome diversity in all its forms, and believe we’re better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it. uShip is an equal opportunity employer. We are inspired to find candidates who embody our Core Values. uShip prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, parental status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.