The Mobile Application Development Manager is responsible for leading an agile software development team with focus on new innovative software, enhancements and defect resolution across both iOS and Android platforms. The Mobile Application Development Manager oversees the design, development, and delivery of mobile solutions across iOS and Android platforms. The Mobile Application Development Manager will help establish mobile framework, implement standard development processes, drive implementation of guidelines, and develop key applications.
We’re looking for a hands-on engineering manager with a strong background in building Android and iOS applications with interactive user experiences, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail.
- Minimum of 7 years technical experience in mobile software development.
- Previous leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering with at least 2 years managing other software engineers
- Experience building Android and iOS applications with modern tools like Kotlin and Swift.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Writing high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.