About the role:
Babel Street needs an accomplished Software Engineer that will help us bring geospatial visualizations to life. You will contribute to our world-class software, which processes billions of data enabling our customers to filter the noise and find answers to real-world problems. So hop on board and join our crew as we navigate deep databases and spin up legendary micro-services.
During this journey:
- You will collect and process large volumes of data
- Work with your companions to build and manage microservices
- Help users detect patterns through the noise using data visualization
- Explore new technologies and determine if they fit in the toolbox
- Provide software that responds to events by our worldwide customer base
Skills you will need for the journey:
- Highly knowledgeable of C# .NET
- Ability to work with your companions and to communicate clearly and often
- Experienced with and a proponent of agile software development practices
- Proficient in Elasticsearch to accelerate data analysis
- Ability to see and help drive the big picture when working on a software's architecture
- Experience designing and tuning relational databases such as SQL Server
- Experiencing developing event-driven architectures with technologies such as RabbitMQ
- Strong understanding of software testing practices as NUnit
Level ups for your journey ahead:
- Understanding of tools such as BenchmarkDotNet to performance tune an application
- Ability to create and maintain containerized microservices
- Knowledge of clean architecture and vertical slice architecture
- Skilled in the implementation of distributed caching such as Redis
- Experience refactoring legacy systems
- Familiarity with graph databases
The resources you will find along the way to assist your journey:
- Regular Communities of Practice
- Weekly Learning Sessions
- Happy Hours
- Hack Days
- Encouragement for Personal Learning
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- U.S. Remote work opportunity, with roughly 5% needed travel for team events and collaboration sessions
About Babel Street:
Babel Street is the world’s leading AI-enabled data-to-knowledge company. Our technology allows customers to rapidly discover and decipher the insights they need to empower their missions, regardless of origin, language or platform. Babel Street’s patented analytics software transforms large volumes of multilingual, public or private data from around the world into relevant insights for our customers through AI-enabled, cross-lingual, conceptual and persistent search and state-of-the-art linguistics technology. With Babel Street, governments and organizations empower their teams with critical and timely insights on a single pane of glass for immediate analysis, action, and mission success. Babel Street serves as a force multiplier for customers to uncover threats and opportunities – known and unknown, foreign or domestic, physical or cyber – and ultimately, to make the world a safer, more prosperous place. Babel Street is privately held and is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, with offices in London, Canberra and Ottawa. For more information, visit www.babelstreet.com and check out our Overview Video!
Benefits at Babel Street (just to name a few...)
- Health Benefits: Babel Street covers ALL monthly premium costs for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability insurances – for you and your family!
- Retirement Plans: Babel Street offers both a Traditional and Roth 401(K) with a very competitive match.
- Unlimited Flexible Leave: We trust our employees to manage their own time and balance their personal and work lives.
- Holidays: Babel Street provides employees with 11 paid Federal Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement: We are committed to investing in our employees. One way we do that is with our Tuition Reimbursement Program for continuing education.
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. In addition, Babel Street's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request, we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.