Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
The Software Development Engineer in Test works in conjunction with the QA Tech Lead on a relatively small, cross-functional team to assist in coordinating testing for a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. Candidates for this role will assist our engineering team in building and testing a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up.
- Define approach to testing complex systems
- Design, plan, execute, monitor, and improve testing process
- Meet deadlines and work independently
- Monitor crash reports, alert teams to critical bugs, and open tickets with the appropriate teams
- Serve as the gatekeeper for mobile and web deployment; coordinate a go/no-go sign-off
- Oversee and ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug reporting
- Script and develop testing scenarios in a broad range of programming languages
- 5+ years of experience working in a tech-focused QA environment
- Familiarity with some common testing frameworks like Selenium for web or Appium and XCUITest for mobile.
- Strong Java coding experience
- Present options and recommendations to facilitate testing and performance
- Design and maintain test automation frameworks
- Design and architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions
- Work closely with the test team to identify new automation opportunities
- Work with developers to design good unit testing code coverage
- Mentor more junior members of the QA team
- Contribute to managing of test environments
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information
- Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new test tools
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration software
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field
- Experience with virtualization or cloud services
- Passion for sports or betting
- Position may require licensing in applicable states that PI operates. If so, you must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments