How would you like to managing massive amounts of trading data living in large scale, high performance backend systems; and participate in developing cutting edge, quant strategies that capture trading opportunities from volatile crypto markets?
We are looking for an experienced Python data engineer who will apply his experience and known best practices to maintain and scale up our trading data collection infrastructure. You will be part of our new Hummingbot Pro team, which will be crafting data science solutions and trading simulation software to help us and our professional trading customers understand and make money in the highly volatile cryptocurrency markets.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement new features and scalability improvements to the Hummingbot Pro trading data ETL systems.
- You'll be responsible for a high-performance, highly reliable ETL system that ingests and records all order and trading activity among crypto exchanges processing tens of billions of dollars in trading volume per day.
- Work closely with the rest of the Hummingbot engineering team to maintain high standards both in software quality and in team communications.
- Propose and discuss improvements in backend system architecture, esp. in scalability and efficiency aspects.
You're a great fit if you have / are:
- Fluent in Python with prior experience in building and maintaining Python backend applications.
- Experience in designing, and developing large-scale, missing critical backend systems.
- Knowledge in common backend technologies like AWS, Kafka, SQLAlchemy, Kubernetes, etc.
- Knowledge in logging and metric systems like Datadog, ELK, Splunk, etc.
- Good sense of designing highly scalable and highly reliable backend systems.
- Good sense of diagnosing logic and scalability issues in large-scale, distributed backend systems.
- Good communication skills and fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Be proactive - propose and implement solutions rather than wait for orders from management.
***Reference qualifications: engineer level L4/L5, E4/E5, ICT4, SDE II / Senior SDE - 62-64***
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain, and machine learning
- Join a remote-first, engineering-driven team with 30+ team members across 6 continents
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy