Type of role: Full time, Fully Remote anywhere in the U.S. and Canada
Comp: $150k - $215k (highly dependent on experience + work location) + Attractive Series A Equity + various other benefits
Role title: Senior Dev. Lead / Technical EM
About the role and your impact:
As a Senior Development Lead on the Engineering team, you will work in a cross-functional team to build features that drive user growth and retention. Along the way, you'll hire an autonomous team of cross-disciplinary engineers to develop, iterate, and maintain production-ready software. You and your team will build on top of our cutting-edge event sourcing system that connects our users via SMS messages, mobile and web apps.
You will be working with a distributed, remote-first team that spans across North America, Europe, and beyond. Your day-to-day would be focused on growing a healthy team, writing code, pairing with other engineers, and working with stakeholders to deliver innovative features. Last but not least - we are growth-oriented, both as a company and as individuals: we take learning seriously and invest in growing our skills and our team's capabilities.
What You Will be Doing:
- Lead the design and implementation of features with an obsessive focus on solving customer problems and operational excellence
- Work with senior members of technical staff to drive architectural and best practices decisions
- Write code and pair with engineers (more coding responsibilities when the team is small)
- Grow and retain a team of talented, cross-discipline engineers
- Manage your team's roadmap in collaboration with product managers and designers.
- Establish team goals and objectives.
What You May Bring:
- 7+ years experience in full-stack development but also open to frontend or backend focused skills
- 2+ years in leading a SaaS engineering team
- Experience in running experimentation and A/B testing
- Ability to organize and communicate complex projects that involve cross-functional stakeholders
- A track record of shipping on time and at quality in agile environments.
- Bonus: Experience in developing cloud-based CMS systems