The Senior Product Owner is responsible for conveying product vision and roadmap to an Agile delivery team by defining user stories and prioritizing product backlog. The Senior Product Owner work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
The Senior Product Owner maximizes value of product created by Agile team. Liaises with stakeholders and the development team ensuring the right product is being built, in the right order, within budget and by the deadline. Serves as the Agile team's primary contact for information, work prioritization, and decision-making. Begins to influence department’s strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex to complex issues regarding technical approach for project components, and work is performed without direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
• Using the Agile Framework, continuously review the business need to refine priorities, outline deliverables, and identify opportunities / risks.
• Manages the product roadmap and release timeline for cloud technologies and capabilities
• Coordinates dependencies with other product owners
• Leads meetings to define and prioritize product roadmaps that will be implemented using agile methodology
• Takes detailed notes from meetings and follow-up on action items with internal and impacted teams
• Partners with Retail Sales Leaders, operations teams, subject matter experts, training, and IT Teams to develop and deploy continuous improvement initiatives across the organization
• Cultivates relationships with multiple internal Business and IT partners
• Champions the customer by accurately representing their prioritized needs in the requirements, development, and testing phases of each project
• Implements Change Management processes as needed to maintain accurate requirements dependencies and documentation
• Supports business strategy of using cloud technologies and capabilities to enable product functionality and delivery of value-adding data and information
• Actively participates in Scrum meetings such as the Sprint planning, Sprint grooming, daily stand up, retrospective, and demos
• This role will be a people manager – with 6-7 direct reports including business analyst, developers and QA resources.
• Utilizes independent discretion in making decisions to control product roadmap for their agile team, under the overall direction of the Product Manager
• Bachelor's degree
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• 5+ years of experience with Agile development process in story writing
• Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, meeting facilitation, negotiation, follow-up, and problem-solving skills
• Extremely detail oriented
• Solid change management and documentation skills
• Ability to work with project stakeholders and remote teams at all levels in the organization in a collaborative, team environment
• Ability to track and manage multiple tasks and deadlines with attention to detail
• Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
• Ability to work with mixed teams that include onshore/offshore contractors as well as team member resources
• 2+ years of experience with the Salesforce Health Cloud platform in a Product Owner role
• Agile /Scrum certification (SAFe Agile, Agile Practitioner, Scrum Alliance, etc.)
• Experience with cloud technology implementation
• MBA or other Advanced Degree
• Six Sigma Certification
• PMP Certification