As an iOS or Android Application Engineer on the Banno Platform at Jack Henry & Associates, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.
The Mobile Application Engineers work on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. Mobile Developers lead and participate in projects for new and enhanced application features and API’s for mobile phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices. Mobile Developers are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You’ll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
These positions are 100% remote in the U.S.
- Participates in projects to implement new features within our mobile banking app
- Contributes to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications.
- Designs and creates interactive graphic user interfaces for multiple size classes.
- Works with web and backend engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and APIs to support the apps.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
- Participate in monthly Hack Days to learn new aspects of the iOS framework and experiment with the new shiny.
- May assist less experienced peers.
- 18 months of development experience with minimum of 1 year of iOS or Android development
- Experience releasing successful mobile applications on the Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore
- Excellent knowledge of the iOS or Android frameworks and understanding of the iOS or Android ecosystem, including third party libraries.
- Hands on experience with Swift and/or Objective-C, or Java/Kotlin in a professional environment.
- Strong understanding of iOS UI design patterns and Apple UI guidelines or Android UI design patterns and Material UI guidelines
- Experience integrating Mobile Apps with back end Web Services (REST).
- Strong communication and documentation skills.