At Staircase, we are looking for curious, motivated, compassionate, lifelong learners. We are building a world-class team that embodies our values around creative problem solving, continuous learning, ownership and performance. We believe that professional satisfaction comes from being able to express your own creativity and personal style in work that continually pushes your boundaries. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to craft your role and career to get the most out of yourself, your team, and your experience.
About The Role
At Staircase, the Product organization is divided into builder and planner roles. The Business Engineer will partner with our builders and planners to execute, manage, and orchestrate processes which are required to achieve product goals. Youll be expected to apply your technical expertise to help us build and automate processes to manage go to market, customer adoption, partner collaboration, cost and revenue projection as well as long-term growth strategy. This role will provide the critical information to help us build a world-class product ecosystem.
This role is a permanent (W2) position for US-based candidates and an indefinite contract for non-US based candidates.
What Youll Do
- Partner closely with Product Engineers to research, build, maintain and improve Staircases products and features
- Support business development efforts on behalf of the Product Engineers support growth and go-to-market strategies
- Understand product features and differentiators and collect and organize data to prioritize new features and updates
- Track insights, issues and opportunities from Partners and Customers
- Support cross-functional processes and drive efficiencies across the product organization
- Manage and enhance processes related to Staircase currency
- Support and improve partner onboarding process
- Track and improve product margin by recommending new features or add new or manage partners
- 3+ years of experience in a hands-on business strategy, operations or analysis role supporting a technical product organization
- Proficiency with designing domain models, object models, or ontologies
- Proficiency with a query and manipulation language like SQL, SPARQL
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills, with a keen ability to mentor, coach and inspire team members with varying backgrounds
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related
- Experience with mortgage data or mortgage underwriting/servicing
- Experience with graph technologies and W3C semantic web standards
- Management consulting experience
- Prior experience in a hands-on Software Engineer or Application Developer role
At Staircase, we are solving a diverse set of problems and we know that embracing diverse perspectives
delivers the best results. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of all
races, cultures, gender identities, ages, religions, orientations, education, backgrounds, abilities and
perspectives can contribute and thrive.