At Staircase, we are looking for curious, motivated, compassionate, lifelong learners. We are building a world-class team that embodies our values around creative problem solving, continuous learning, ownership and performance. We believe that professional satisfaction comes from being able to express your own creativity and personal style in work that continually pushes your boundaries. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to craft your role and career to get the most out of yourself, your team, and your experience.
About The Role
At Staircase, the Product organization is divided into builder and planner roles. The Product Engineer will define, manage, and orchestrate the delivery of systems to achieve product goals. Youll be expected to apply your technical expertise to help us build multivariate, complex products with a team of Software Engineers and Designers by your side. This is a Manager level position, and youll play a crucial role in helping us build a world-class product ecosystem.
This role is a permanent (W2) position for US-based candidates and an indefinite contract for non-US based candidates.
- Lead the strategic direction, planning and execution of our product roadmap, driving the product development lifecycle from concept through launch
- Define specifications, lead sprint planning, and oversee team velocity targets
- Build, edit, and maintain the team backlog for our Software Engineers, customers and partners
- Prioritize backlog items based on user value, turnaround time, and other key team dependencies
- Provide just-in-time story elaboration
- Detail stories with acceptance criteria and provide examples via acceptance tests
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impact our ability to meet velocity and quality goals
- Create, track, and improve metrics related to team efficiency and customer/partner satisfaction
- Conduct market research and stay on top of industry trends, understanding the competitive landscape and communicating opportunities for differentiation
- Continuously optimize ways of working in an effort to deliver efficient and timely solutions
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Management or Engineering role
- Strong technical fluency: ability to clearly articulate technical concepts with a range of audiences, outline tradeoffs and present new opportunities with technical team members
- Experience leading engineering teams in an Agile development environment
- Strong creative problem solving skills, with an ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems
- Analytical mindset with a proven track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related
- Prior experience with our tech stack (Python, AWS cloud native software/services and infrastructure as code disciplines and tools)
- Experience with Asana or other project management platforms
At Staircase, we are solving a diverse set of problems and we know that embracing diverse perspectives delivers the best results. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people of all races, cultures, gender identities, ages, religions, orientations, education, backgrounds, abilities and perspectives can contribute and thrive.