At Metaculus, our aim is to improve human decision-making and coordination at scale by increasing analytic capacity, reasoning, and judgment. With the unique capabilities of the Metaculus forecasting platform, our innovative programs, and our long-term partnerships, we enable a range of stakeholders and contributors to engage in a process of collective reasoning, forecasting, and ultimately, more informed action. Via this process, we are fostering a worldwide positive-sum collaboration network that develops and aggregates the most accurate forecasts on topics of global importance, a network that spans across nonprofits, government agencies, and institutions, to individual forecasters, researchers, students, and authors.
As an organization, we strive to combine the best aspects of science culture and applied innovation culture, with a high-impact operational philosophy. We are now actively seeking a technology leader who will take the reins in developing the future of the Metaculus platform.
In this role you will:
- Work cross-functionally with the product and program teams to develop and refine our web development and product roadmap
- Have a great deal of responsibility for the outcome of this endeavor
- Help architect and design the systems we build
- Implement complex and interesting systems with a focus on scalability, maintainability, correctness and performance
- Lead the engineering team and contribute to the technical and cultural foundations of our high-caliber product development workflow
- Identify user and system requirements for new websites and applications
- Prioritize software development projects, set timelines and assign tasks to team members
- Create wireframes to decide on layout
- Write or review code for various applications
- Run functionality testings and debug code
- Oversee junior web developers and evaluate their performance
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics and navigation buttons)
- Ensure our software documentation is up-to-date
- Collaborate with mobile developers to build mobile-responsive websites
Metaculus offers competitive compensation and flexible benefits, including health insurance cost reimbursement. Metaculus is an equal opportunity employer that knows and appreciates the benefits of a diverse workforce.
This is a remote position and offers flexible hours (between UTC -8 and +3) and asynchronous collaboration with a motivated, high-energy team. We review applications on a rolling basis.