Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people understand and improve their health.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a rapidly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our growing Content squad in the US. You will partner with the product management lead and client engineers to define and scope services to enable rich content experiences in the Oura application. You will design and build tooling to ingest, process and serve media content at scale.
- Build tooling to ingest, transform and serve media content to our mobile applications.
- Build services to enable discovery and consumption of media.
- Scale our architecture and technology to match the growing needs of our customers and feature development.
- Write testable and well-documented code.
- Be comfortable working with a diverse and talented group of team members residing throughout the globe.
We would love to have you on our team if you have:
- 6+ years of practical experience building production systems and services at scale.
- Architected, built and deployed scalable, performant web services in production on AWS or similar, and can apply architectural patterns and best practices.
- A strong understanding of API development best practices and have experience developing and deploying performant, robust APIs using REST, gRPC, GraphQL or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with media ingestion, transcoding and serving technologies.
- Solid programming skills in languages such as Python, Java or Scala.
- Solid CS fundamentals including excellent knowledge of databases and modern cloud technologies.
- A strong belief in the importance of metrics, monitoring, and logging of production systems.
- A pragmatic entrepreneurial attitude and delivery-focused mindset: you can handle tradeoffs between short-term goals and long-term tech debt.
- A team-oriented mindset and enjoy working in a diverse environment with distributed teams.
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.