Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Data Engineer to join our talented multi-disciplinary team.
We build data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains.
Your primary focus will be the architecting and developing systems that include data ingestion, data processing, algorithm development. Major technologies involved include AWS (Lambda, Glue, CloudFormation, EMR), Python 3, Spark, Pandas. Blue Orange engineers take end-to-end ownership of their code and platforms, so the ideal candidate for this position has a mixture of experience in Cloud Engineering and Data Engineering.
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Architecting, building, and maintaining modern, scalable data architectures on AWS
- Building resilient production ETL pipelines using workflow orchestration tools such as Airflow, Prefect, AWS Step Functions
- Deploying and managing infrastructure with automation to support data pipelines.
- Deploying and scaling machine learning models in production.
- Data exploration, analysis, and reporting with an eye towards developing a narrative using Notebooks and modern BI tools.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Advanced experience in Python with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, complex data structure, data processing, data quality, data lifecycle, and algorithms.
- Experience in Amazon AWS, DevOps, and Automation (CloudFormation)
- AWS certification, or progress toward, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment