As part of our Platform Engineering group, our team mission is “Make FreeAgent developers happy and super-productive". The engineering teams are our customers. We want to keep them productive & happy with all the tools they require to write and deploy great code daily.
We are responsible for the CI/CD capability and developer tooling that enables our engineers to build, test and deploy quickly with confidence.
We’re looking for a team lead with a passion for CI/CD, writing Ruby code, DevOps and knowledge of AWS.
Your typical week will involve:
- Shipping features, CI/CD infrastructure, bug squashing, providing peer review.
- Working with your team helping them prioritise, build and ship the most impactful work to support our 100+ engineers
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the engineers on your team to help them grow in their career at FreeAgent
- Facilitating technical team discussions to help make decisions
- Supporting the smooth running and uptime of our CI/CD pipeline
- 1-1s with all your direct reports. We believe regular contact with your team members is essential, as is giving and receiving feedback
- Celebrating your team’s achievements!
Technologies we use: AWS (many services), Terraform, Terragrunt, Atlantis, Packer, Ruby, Rspec, Rails, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Docker, Linux, CloudAMQP…
Apps we use: GitHub, Trello, G Suite, Notion, Humio, Harness…
We're looking for:
- Experience of people management
- Experience running an agile software development process, shipping code to production frequently
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- A growth mindset, open to improving yourself and learning from others
- Experience of CI/CD
- Pragmatism; being committed to getting things done while understanding tradeoffs
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and improving your technical and soft skills. If you have the commitment, we can provide opportunities for you!